Grilled Duck with a Patriarche Reduction Sauce
1 whole duck, quartered
- 1 pint water1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 15 black peppercorns
- small bunch thyme
- small bunch sage, chopped
- 1 cup wine (preferably Patriarche)
- 1 tsp raspberry jam
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and add the duck to a zip lock bag. Let sit for at least 2 hours. Soaking for more than a day can cause the duck to be too salty.
- Steam the duck for 45 min. using a large pot with a vegetable steaming insert.
- Crisp the duck skin over hot coals. This takes about 2 min. per side.
- Reduce the wine by about 75% and add the remaining ingredients over high heat.
- Spoon sauce over duck and enjoy with the Holly's Hill Patriarche!